Yasmine's Blog

Expository: Pep Rallies

on February 16, 2014

“Ring, Ring, Ring,” the bell seems to ring fast in succession when we have a pep rally… Which in fact it kind of does. Many people hate on pep rallies, but they have their benefits. Pep rallies are indeed , yes I’m going to say it… Fun.

As I walk into class I can already see that the agenda is shorter. The class may not be as short as it seems, but it’s all in the mind. If you’re told the class is shorter, then why complain! An hour at the end of the day may not seem like much, but it adds up.

Walking into a loud gym may not be a pleasure to some, but it can put you in a lighter mood. A pep rally isn’t the woohoo-I’m-having-the-time-of-my-life fun. The I’m-having-a-good-time-talking-and-relaxing kind of fun better describes it, which I like as well. During a pep rally there is time to talk and laugh with your friends.

There is always a good in what may seem boring. Next time you’re about to say, “Ughhhh” about a pep rally, think about the plus side. Pep rallies are a school’s distraction from school.☺️

4 Responses to “Expository: Pep Rallies”

1. haleyr244 says:

That’s so true! Almost every one can tolerate pep rallies, though that doesn’t mean people love them! I remember sitting next to you last time in a pep rally and it was not too bad!

2. Gracen says:

Pep rallies are…yes… I kind of agree…fun. I can see where some people think they are lame or a waste of time, but in the reality of it all, you get to cut class a bit, which lightens your homework load! But, as you said, pep rallies are best sitting next to your friends and screaming for no apparent reason.

Also I can TOTALLY here your voice in this expository writing piece. 🙂

3. Rainer says:

Hi Yasmine! Wow. Pep rallies sound really fun. I go to a private school, so we have never experienced a pep rally. At my school, some mornings we have spirit day, when we clap and sing to our spirit song. Our school mascot is a tiger, so we have a big tiger suit that one of the eigth graders prances around in. We have a lot of fun. Well, I have to go, but I really like your blog! Come visit my blog sometime at http://www.rainacysblog.edublogs.org.
    Do you have a school mascot?
    -Raina

• yasmined710 says:

Spirit day at your school does sound like a lot of fun! My school mascot is a Wildcat (also an 8th grader in disguise😄)